Tuesday, 26 July 2011

USA here we come .........


My daughter and I are on countdown. We are both off to the States to visit my sister on Saturday, 30th July, leaving behind my husband to organise the move into the new house on 8th August. I think we seriously got the best deal! In between being knee deep in boxes, bubble wrap, suitcases and piles of clothes and me hobbling about with a crutch trying to be helpful, I really believe we are making progress ~ lol!  I'm excited about moving and about going on holiday (not sure about the timing, but hey we can't always get it right). We have several flea markets and swap meets lined up to visit and a trip to Vegas, let's hope that we don't melt before we get there as some areas are experiencing a heatwave.



Purchased on Sunday from the flea market, a set of six lovely French
glass sundae dishes in perfect condition.




I thought these were quite cute ~ they are used for Baileys Irish Cream.


This pretty dish was blue tacked to the top of a stand I bought for
two pounds ~ picture to follow.

Oh well, I guess it's time for bed, ready to do more packing tomorrow

G'nite all ........zzzzzzzz

4 comments:

  1. Hello. I think you really did get the best deal! How great to return from your holiday and all the hard work is done. Well planned, you!
    I love those sundae dishes. Perfect for ice cream or a knickerbocker glory!
    Have a great holiday.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a seriously good photo on the header! 2 more sleeps then plenty of fun and retail therapy! Luvly Jubbly! Still can't see why I couldn't fit in the suitcase! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haizi Daizi, I am so sad that you have left and gone back to the UK. It was FAB seeing you and we had a lot of fun and a lot of much needed laughs. I can't wqit to see some of the items on your blog. It was so much fun looking for them. Hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new photos in your heading at top of the page....FAB

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to all the lovely people who take the time to leave a comment ~ I appreciate each and every one of them ~ Haizi x