Sunday, 17 July 2011

A wet and soggy journey to Shepton Mallet ..........

We left home at 7.30am so that we could get a decent parking space. The journey took us through several villages that were in danger of flooding if the rain continued .........! Arrived safely, and then queued in the wind and rain to get in for about twenty minutes. Of course you always get the people who haven't quite grasped the concept of what queuing means and who push in front of the sensible folk (me being one of those, sensible that is). Much to the surprise of my husband, I did however manage to get a couple of things ~

First thing was a very rusty well worn orrery which I think would look fab amidst the gardenalia stuff! My husband wasn't too sure about it and I could see from the look on his face that he was thinking 'what on earth is she intending to do with that thing?' Thankfully by the time we had arrived home he did say that he thought it was very interesting! My daughter has a particular knack of getting things for a good price so I left it to her to do the negotiating. I was very pleased with the outcome :)



This interesting stand I thought would look good with a big church candle in it .....


Then I bought two German wind up dolls which were rather cute ............


We had a really good time but decided to head home at about 12.30pm, as the heavens opened and it was rather miserable dragging round clutching our purchases whilst at the same time trying to hold an umbrella ~ until the next time.........



3 comments:

  1. Oh what fabby things you found! Love them all, especially the dolls. I have always had a thing for a Sasha doll and always wished I'd brought one in the 70's! These are terrific, glad you found such bargains before the heavens opened. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad u got to go to Shepton Mallet Haize. I'll take u to that antique shop/store/wharehouse when u come to visit me in 2 weeks. U will be inhog heaven and we may have to make 2 trips...lol. Keep posting the pics and I love reading yr blog xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found my way to your fun blog through your "follow" link you left on our blog. What a fun place to visit! We are two kindred spirits who love vintage! You found some great stuff on your last trip. I am looking forward to getting to know you better via our blogs!
    hugs,
    Eileen
    Forget Me Not Dreams

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to all the lovely people who take the time to leave a comment ~ I appreciate each and every one of them ~ Haizi x