Saturday, 3 September 2011

A beautiful birthday gift .............


My lovely friend Barbara surprised me with this delightful birthday gift that she had made for me when I got back from the States. She is really creative and clever and I love the way she has captured a variety of things that I particularly like. I used to do a lot of sewing and still wish I had more time to spend on creating different things out of bits of cotton and lace.  I had a great time putting together a jar of crafting goodies for her last Christmas, made up of ribbons, lace, beads, and bits of jewellery ~ and she has incorporated a piece of the jewellery into my picture as you can see from the necklace on the lovely dress, that the model is going to put on. If you read this Barb, thank you so much, I will treasure it forever.

Anyway peeps, check out her blog barbarascraftroom.blogspot.com and see all the fab tags and cards that she makes.








The house move went smoothly  and I am now trying to sort out what appears to be a rather large collection of fabrics, linens and lace that I've amassed over the years....... along with hmmmmmm ...... a few other things as well, anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. The trouble is I'm not sure that I know where to start as I've got to find a home for everything before I can play. I have at least set the sewing machine up though! Talk about being full of good intentions ...........!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! She is one clever girl, so cute. Sherry :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very cool Haze, a lovely birthday gift...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photos above of the head vases too, very cool x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Happy Birthday! What a fantastic gift, that is a lovely present and made all the better by a friend putting that much work and time into it.
    Glad your house move went smoothly and wish you all the best in your new home.
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to all the lovely people who take the time to leave a comment ~ I appreciate each and every one of them ~ Haizi x