Sunday, 25 September 2011

I love spots ..........

I've had a lovely weekend unpacking and rediscovering lots of things I'd forgotten about. On Saturday, my husband and I went to Tetbury and had a splendid afternoon enjoying the warm sunny weather and of course a spot of lunch (well, ok then, a huge salad, with fries followed by apple crumble)! There is a fab vintage shop called Qetty Bang Bang in the main street ~ it sells luxurious vintage clothes from the 1920s -1980s. It's was a pleasure to look round and to spend a few minutes day dreaming about what I would choose to buy if I was to be going somewhere like the Ritz for tea on a Sunday afternoon or dinner (I don't mind which ...... the evening dresses and fur coats are gorgeous! Anyway back to reality, I bought two small pieces of raggy old linen to make cushions with and then enjoyed a slow walk around the church which is reported to have the forth largest spire in the country ~ at 186 feet.  



On Sunday, we went off and had a look round a local boot sale and I managed to get a few bits and pieces to keep me happy. We've settled into our new house and as the days pass, we are managing to get quite a lot of boxes unpacked. I sorted through a couple of them and it was lovely to be able to say hello to more of my Domino and Cornishware collection, some of which has been in storage for the last six years ........!

I'm also enjoyed finding some of the glass jars and bottles, along with some vintage fabrics and lace, that seem to keep on appearing whenever I open a box ~ all I can say is it's a perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon. That said, it was so exhausting that I had to lie down on the lounger and read my book, I fell asleep after about five minutes ~ lol! My husband, bless him was slaving away cooking the dinner.


 ~ A selection of spotty jugs ~






I'm loving Picnik for doing my pictures ........


~ A collection of vintage glass ~


~ Gorgeous vintage fabrics ~






My craft room is nearly ready and I'm looking forward to being able to do my sewing and cards without having to scrabble round looking through bags and boxes to find what I need. I have come across a lovely stash of vintage lace and can't wait to get the creative energy going again. I have also started knitting and crocheting but have only managed to do a few squares and one small crocheted christmas stocking ~ lol! I have decided that I'm going to make all of my presents this year and already have a few ideas about what I'd like to do, so watch this space.



Poor thing is still waiting for me to finish it ~ I need
to add snowflakes to my shopping list!



Wishing everyone a happy, sunny week ~ blessings Haizi D xx 

11 comments:

  1. Hello!
    Lovely Domino jugs, I do love a spot! It would be a treat to be able to rummage through your boxes, you must be enjoying finding things you haven't seen for a while.
    Glad you are settling in you new home.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unpacking is a big job, but I agree that it is nice to rediscover things. I also love all things SPOTTY!! :) you have a great collection.
    I like your Piknic pictures too, (not sure I would be able to do it though!) they do look just like a postcard. And I love the pile of vintage fabrics... SO pretty.
    Have a great week... we are in for a heatwave!
    Hugs, Abby xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love all the spotties too! What a wonderful collection you have x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its great to unpack and rediscover forgotten treasures! Love your fabric!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love this post Haze....You are getting really good at taking your photos and setting up your displays. I had a lovely time reading through this article. The vintage fabrics look great as do the spotty china. I love the colored glass too, I feel a collection coming on lol. Keep posting it's very fun to rad xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the fabric and vintage glass. I can't wait to see your studio. Good luck with the unpacking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ha! I have a similar spotty jug hanging on my dresser and I love it too!

    Piknic is really useful isn't it.

    hope all is well with you, thanks for leaving a comment about the old teds
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love polka dots :) Have fun unpacking xx Ava

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could show you my lovely collection of yellow Cornishware, if only I had a kitchen/dining area big enough for a lovely dresser! I've also smaller collections of Torquayware and Carltonware stuffed away in boxes up in the loft, of which one day I hope to unpack! Your collection of spots is to die for, and has definitely rekindled my interest to collect more in the future. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh My goodness! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your Cornishware blue polkadot dishes!!!! (I love the blue stripes too, but those spots... be still my heart.)
    My daughter used to have an "I'm A Little TeaPot" book, and the illustrator of the book made it a cornishware teapot. I've loved them ever since.
    That is a beautiful church!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. YAY, the new heading is fabulous, good job. Very shabby chic and so in keeping with yours style. Love u xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to all the lovely people who take the time to leave a comment ~ I appreciate each and every one of them ~ Haizi x