Monday, 24 October 2011

I've always wanted one of these .....

My heart's desire ........ A French bottle carrier, not as rusty as I would like it, but I'm not complaining.
 Purchased at Shepton a couple of weeks ago.


I couldn't resist this one either ~ comes complete with it's own family of spiders ....... Eek!


When I was in the States recently at a local swap meet, a seller had four of these lovely plant holders which are often used by florists or funeral parlours. Although mine isn't too big and the flowers are not quite as glamorous as they might be, it's in lovely condition and I look forward to finding a home for it somewhere, amongst the boxes and piles .........! My husband breathed a big sigh of relief when I told him that I nearly bought four of them and that he should count himself lucky I was only buying one this time.


This lovely cornishware jug which has a tiny nick on the side was an absolute
bargain at a £1.00, big smiles all round.


Another set of steps to add to my collection, they are really shabby
 and scruffy, just how I like them.



Sorry it's not very interesting ~ more to follow .......

Haizi D xx

10 comments:

  1. Really like the bottle holder and the jug, Cornishware, even secondhand is very expensive over here. Sherry :)PS the steps are great too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the jug - great colour. Like the crates too - good find!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bottle holders, especially the one with spiders inside! I also like the jug... what a bargain! And I agree that the shabbiness of the steps just makes them even more desirable :)
    Have a great week. Love, Abby xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely buys, especially the crates. I must get to shepton next time. M x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds - especially the bottle holder!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you have such interesting items on your blog Haze. So many different things to look at. I knew you would get another ladder lol. I love the bottle holders too, very vintage shabby chic and just what you love. The plant stand is cool too..You are starting some more collections I just know it....But if it makes you happy, then I am thrilled lol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The steps are delightful, I love them. You have some very nice pieces of cornishware too...Keep posting I love to see what is coming next....

    ReplyDelete
  8. if any consolation to your husband, when we went to US I brought back 12 50s wooden coca cola crates- it meant we had to fed-ex our clothes homes cos of the weight in the suitcases!
    The crates were only $4.00 each but I hate to think what they ended up costing!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog :)
    I love the yellow Cornishware jug and for just a £1..bargain
    The bottle holders are great..minus the spiders..haha.
    Lovely Blog! I am your newest follower. I look forward to visiting again :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great finds, and all my kind of thing. A Cornishware jug with a tiny nick on the side, a £1, a bargain! I would have wrestled you for that one! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to all the lovely people who take the time to leave a comment ~ I appreciate each and every one of them ~ Haizi x