Tuesday, 10 January 2012

I've become totally hooked ......... on crochet!

It feels like it's been a long time since I did a proper post and I apologise for not leaving any comments over the last couple of weeks.

I have been determined to at least make a start on some of the things I've been promising myself that I will do over the last few months and after being inspired by several blogs to include ~


I have managed to make a start and have done some crochet and sewing which is wonderfully relaxing after a long day at work. These two cushions are the first things that I've actually completed.  Using Rico creative cotton Aran, the blue, red and green one just started off as a small single square (well a circle really) and I continued to crochet around until it measured sixteen inches. I loved doing the back as I not only used up my scraps of wool but I did my first ever set of buttonholes. My friend gave me a lovely tin of vintage buttons when I last visited her and I used some of them to complete the cushion. I have decided that my house is going to be filled with bright colours (hopefully matching) rather than the beige and creams I've tended to opt for in the past.



The pink, green and yellow one below consists of four granny squares which I joined together and then I did several rows of double crochet to again make a sixteen inch square. I have to admit to being a bit odd as I loved sewing all the ends in which is usually the worst bit and joining the cushion together. Cause for concern I wonder ................ or therapy maybe!



I am very pleased with the result and intend to buy either a turquoise or bright red sofa so show them off. I have several others on the go as I am totally and utterly hooked ......!

x Haizi x

10 comments:

  1. These cushions are fantastic, and as I am hopeless at making anything like this, I am well impressed too! I think filling your home with lovely bright colours in winter is a great idea.
    Thank you for your kind comments... Spotty hugs are heading your way :)
    Abby xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love them - so bright and cheery! Crochet is on my to do list for this year. Hope it turns out as good as yours.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your crochet cushion covers..such lovely colours! I need to learn crochet..it looks very handy to learn and a lot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow u are so talented, I had no idea. Can't wait to see more of yr stuff. It's FAB. Love the using colors theme. Keep going Haizi it's amazing as are you. Hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been longing to learn crochet. You've inspired me ! What a great job you have done xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I was as creative as you. It's lovely to see lovely to see all your photos. Please post some more of your handy work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the fantastic vintage style and feel that these have, very retro. Love your blog, I am now a follower and will be back, thanks Maureen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Haizi Daizi :) I just wanted to let you know, that I choose your blog to receive a Liebster Blog Award (posted over at my blog). I thought of your blog, as I really enjoy my visits here and reading your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE THE CROCHET, LOOKS REALLY GOOD!
    Our home is quite bright coloursand always feels really cheerful altho when I go visiting and friends have co-ordinated cream furnishing themes I think that looks so hic and restful
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cushions are stunning. I wish I could crochet like that. Amazing. Please post some more

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to all the lovely people who take the time to leave a comment ~ I appreciate each and every one of them ~ Haizi x